Partridge silkies.

Ms Steak

Chirping
6 Years
May 6, 2013
UK North Wales
Any chance of a guess her please? Not mine yet, so I am having to use the pictures the present owner sent me. Both 9 weeks old.

Chick one looks like a pullet to me.

Chick 2 I am not so sure of.

Chick 1. Pullet. Chick 2. Leaning towards cockerel but I'm not 100% percent sure.
I am thinking the same. I can`t keep roosters, so it will be a case of deciding when I go to see them later. Thank you!
It was a great idea to ask for the genders before you buy. Think about it… why would some sell two 8 week old healthy 'pullets'?
The seller hasn`t said they are pullets. She may have had more hatch than she can cope with. I will keep you up to date.

See, I was thinking chick 1 cockerel, chick 2 pullet. With partridge, most of the time the boys are more red and the girls are more blonde/brown. But, with Silkies you sometimes get girly looking roosters and manly looking hens.
And folks sell healthy pullets all the time, by the way. I just recently let some beautiful Silkie pullets (at least I'm pretty sure they were pullets, I never guarantee the sex of a Silkie unless its already laying or crowing) go. You just can't keep them all and what wont work for my breeding program might really help someone elses.

Thank you for your replies. Once I was there they looked very different. How Funkey, the one I thought was a pullet was so brightly coloured, I feel pretty sure it will be a roo. The other one had backwards growing feathers, so I wasn`t sure about that one either. Luckily there was 2 more to see, so I have those. One I feel very confident is a pullet as she is very small, and has lots of gold blonde, the other is nearly black, but has a lovely round top knot. Fingers crossed for me please.

Back
Top Bottom