Partrige wyandotte?

lacymarie0526

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
If you have them what do you think? I'm thinking about getting one off craigs list today but don't really know anything about them. she is I year old and is a bantam.

I think they are gorgeous.
One thing you can do is go to mypetchicken.com and look there for info. It explains their origins, suitability to backyard life and behavior. We used it to get our first girls. Very helpful.

I have them and like them. Why?

1) Bantams, smaller size, lay well, less body upkeep (feed).
2) Wyandottes have rose combs (my favorite) that handle cold weather better. Wyandottes are like energetic cochins.
3) I like the partridge color.

moltingpictures012.jpg

Here is a picture of her this past spring but she was molting and she doesn't look her best in the picture.

She is beautiful! I'm down to one hen. I have a roo but I don't think the neighbors appreciate him:( So I need to get rid of him soon. I have 5 babies but they cant go outside for another 4 weeks probably and I dont want my girl to be alone. I found one on craigslist but it was a bantam and the lady said that she didn't want her to go to a home with standards she said she was to docile. So oh well I will have to find something else! Thanks for pics and replies!

The guy from Texas A&M that comes to test our chickens has some SQ bantam partridge Wyandottes. They're beautiful! If only my BLR had the form his do. *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom