Passionate about having organic eggs for my family- Newbie

Sorry, I have to put a plug in for ducks :)

They don't need much of a coop, they free range nicely, they have huge personalities and entertain heavily, and forage well! Their eggs are excellent too. I was going to get chickens and then after reading LOTS on this site I ended up with ducks, 7 in all. See my website and click tab for DUCKS to see more.

BYC is great to answer any of your questions and sure helps along the way!

Quote:
Culled Lumber is the not real strait peaces or has some big knots, and ventilations is making sure that you have some opening in the high part of the coop which allow te air to get in and out but at the same time keep the rain and the wind out of the coop, like you have an opening but has some kind of protection behind it to not allow the wind to come in fall force.
Best page about this section is well discussed by one of the BYC members her name is (PATANDTHECHICKENS) you can find it if you type her name in the search engine.

Quote:
with the chook poo if it goes straight onto your garden it will most likely burn most of the plants from acidity(sp?) it needs to be composted for a couple of months to break down a bit and be usable

Back
Top Bottom