Past 21 days

rollie77

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 25, 2013
Hi Everyone Im new to BYC and to hatching eggs in a incubator. Its been 21 days and heard peep and see movement from eggs and i havent heard anything since than , now im getting worried I know it can take more than 21 days for them to hatch. What i want to know is if i dont hear anything again or see movement does that mean my chicks could have died
hu.gif

Hi Rollie,

We are new to incubation as well but this site is full of experienced hatchers who I'm sure will be helpful. I know they can be days late sometimes.
You might post any other info you have to help others assist you. Such as, what type of incubator you're using, egg turning, temp & humidity levels if you know. Good luck, let us know.
Fingers crossed

Hi, this transition is very strange to the little ones, don't expect them to be perky and chirping so much now. My guys stopped all movement and sound on day 21 and they all hatched perfectly on day 23. Good luck with your hatching.

We made a homemade incubator using a styrofoam cooler, the temp is 99 and the humidity between 65-70. I did alot of reading on hatching baby chicks in a bator but they are always questions that come up that you cant really find the answer for. I started out with 18 eggs and now im down to 16 eggs 2 eggs leaked out so got rid of them sad to say. My rooster is a frizzle and my chicken mix ? cant really tell because she is small black & white with feathers on her feet but than she looks like she has beard belgian too , so the eggs are small !!!!

Babies yet? *fingers crossed*

No babies *** NOW IM WORRIED *** i have seen shaking & moving in some the eggs but no sound any more Now i dont know what to do its been 23 days !!!! Should i just keeping waiting or test them !!!!! ????? Can you PLEASE tell me what i should ???? I feel bad that i dont think some of the eggs made it for what ever the reason is. All i can say is LESSON LEARN i guess

No babies *** NOW IM WORRIED *** i have seen shaking & moving in some the eggs but no sound any more Now i dont know what to do its been 23 days !!!! Should i just keeping waiting or test them !!!!! ????? Can you PLEASE tell me what i should ???? I feel bad that i dont think some of the eggs made it for what ever the reason is. All i can say is LESSON LEARN i guess

I did the light test on few eggs and saw 1 moving shadow and 2 no movement but dark spot with maybe 15% of air sac on the fat side of egg !!!! What does that mean the dark and air sac ?

The dark spot is the eye, some people say it's the beak. Have patience, it took my guys 25 days to move their butt's. Don't feel bad if some don't make it. Think of it this way 'if there not strong enough to make it out of the shell, their not strong enough to survive the outside world' they can't feel anything, there sleeping all the time, it's not a bad thing to them, it's ment to be. Air sac is Ok, you should stop worrying Ok. When they are ready they will hatch. 21 days is not an exact time, it's an estimated time so (we) can prepare. Your excited, I know, but letting all sorts of emotions run through you will make you think the worse, stay positive:)

The dark spot is the eye, some people say it's the beak. Have patience, it took my guys 25 days to move their butt's. Don't feel bad if some don't make it. Think of it this way 'if there not strong enough to make it out of the shell, their not strong enough to survive the outside world' they can't feel anything, there sleeping all the time, it's not a bad thing to them, it's ment to be. Air sac is Ok, you should stop worrying Ok. When they are ready they will hatch. 21 days is not an exact time, it's an estimated time so (we) can prepare. Your excited, I know, but letting all sorts of emotions run through you will make you think the worse, stay positive:)

Thank you, I feel better now but was I can see the babies I know I would feel alot BETTER !!!! I am so EXCITED !!!!

Back
Top Bottom