I bought five ducks a couple of weeks ago. After having them for just over a week, one Pekin died, and soon after my other Pekin died. It seemed rather sudden, the ducks seemed a little lethargic and more hesitant to stand, but nothing very obviously wrong. I was there when the first Pekin passed away and he sort of fell forward, legs went out straight back, his eyes sort of darted back and forth for a second, then his head just twisted to the side and he laid down and died. I took the remaining three to an avian hospital, and brought the Pekins that had passed away to a lab for a necropsy. While waiting for the necropsy, my little Appleyard died as well two days after the last one. I have two ducks left and am about $400 in the hole now because of all of the antibiotics, hospital stay, and other vitamins etc. The necropsy came back with "suspicion of Pasteurella or Salmonella." They said they could try growing a culture and testing antibiotics on it but it would be expensive. They are currently being treated with Clavamox and Baytril. I think that their symptoms fit pretty well with what I have read about Pasteurella. They don't stand for very long and are sort of stretching out their legs like they hurt or something. They had some hard panting going on but after the hospital stay that has stopped. They seem to be eating and drinking water OK. I am giving them Sav-A-Chick electrolyte/vitamin as well as a Probiotic. I'm a little bit confused about Pasteurella, will the ducks have to be on medicine the rest of their lives? I've read that antibiotics can be limited in effectiveness, I'm just not sure what to do. Do I keep spending money on trying to get them well, or will they end up severely disabled and sick the rest of their lives no matter what I do? Ducklings are a 4 week old Appleyard and a 5 week old Blue Swedish. Any information would be greatly appreciated.