Pavlovskaya

I got a Pavlovskaya hatching egg in potluck of rare breeds on ebay :) It hatched and here we are at 1 & 2 weeks old below! Definitely different looking and has a totally different personality as well, very independent. What do you think he/she will look like as an adult?

P1210456.JPG P1210349.JPG

i've been hatching some pavlovskaya x cream legbar chicks last couple months. beards, spiky crests and (hopefully) blue eggs. also very good fliers. 6ft fence is nothing to them

Attachments

• bluu.png
    bluu.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
I am jealous of you all!
I had several eggs from two different sellers and only had two hatch. One had some sort of leg deformity I or my work friend couldn’t correct and developed scissor beak. Eventually died for unknown reason. The other from a different person hatched but appeared to have ruptured its waste sack, and also had curled in feet/legs. That one struggled after hatch and died within a day. Mine could have been due to being shipped eggs, but other chicks of other breeds didn’t have similar problems.

My understanding is they were imported by Greenfire farms originally, two different lines. They are not very genetically diverse in the US and can be inbred.

I might try again next year, but go for chicks this time, maybe straight from Greenfire.

I am jealous of you all!
I had several eggs from two different sellers and only had two hatch. One had some sort of leg deformity I or my work friend couldn’t correct and developed scissor beak. Eventually died for unknown reason. The other from a different person hatched but appeared to have ruptured its waste sack, and also had curled in feet/legs. That one struggled after hatch and died within a day. Mine could have been due to being shipped eggs, but other chicks of other breeds didn’t have similar problems.

My understanding is they were imported by Greenfire farms originally, two different lines. They are not very genetically diverse in the US and can be inbred.

I might try again next year, but go for chicks this time, maybe straight from Greenfire.

Not sure which breeders you got from, but these are very healthy vibrant chicks. The lines have to start from somewhere, and limited line breeding is necessary for certain traits. It shouldn't be a general issue with the amount of breeders out there now. I have another shipment of Pavlovs from another breeder heading out Oct. 12th. I should have enough diversity there.

May I ask where you got yours from? I’d love one or two of the multi-colored ones!!!

Also I have read there are three colors - white, gold and pumpkin. Aside from the obvious white, which colors are pumpkin and gold? The ones with color all seem to be a fun hodgepodge of red/gold/brown with wild black markings.

May I ask where you got yours from? I’d love one or two of the multi-colored ones!!!

Also I have read there are three colors - white, gold and pumpkin. Aside from the obvious white, which colors are pumpkin and gold? The ones with color all seem to be a fun hodgepodge of red/gold/brown with wild black markings.

Karthikeyan Jayaram Santhanam from Facebook was the first group and I'm happy with these babies.

Next ships Oct. 12th, parent stock looks good. Will be pumpkin and gold.

Gold is the black and gold only, and pumpkin has the brass color mixed in I think.

Back
Top Bottom