Pavlovskya chickens --sexing?

hunthaven

Songster
Dec 13, 2018
Tampa Bay, FL
Hello! I hatched a dozen beautiful Pavlov chicks this past spring, and gave eight away after keeping four, one of each different color in the hatch.

Now I think I may have three roosters and one hen. My question is this: Do only the cockerels have the crest? The one I think is a hen has muffs, but no crest to speak of. The others have crests, and I think I see sickle feathers at the tail. I desperately want at least a couple of the crested ones to be hens, but I may be out of luck (I seem to have a real knack for picking/hatching roosters. My last batch of BCMs produced seven roos).

Can anyone help me out? Pavlovs are rare in these parts . . . (see photo in next post).

My four pavlova. :)

Attachments

• Pavloskyas-_AHP6136-2.jpg
    Pavloskyas-_AHP6136-2.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 33
Hello! I hatched a dozen beautiful Pavlov chicks this past spring, and gave eight away after keeping four, one of each different color in the hatch.

Now I think I may have three roosters and one hen. My question is this: Do only the cockerels have the crest? The one I think is a hen has muffs, but no crest to speak of. The others have crests, and I think I see sickle feathers at the tail. I desperately want at least a couple of the crested ones to be hens, but I may be out of luck (I seem to have a real knack for picking/hatching roosters. My last batch of BCMs produced seven roos).

Can anyone help me out? Pavlovs are rare in these parts . . . (see photo in next post).
Very cute birds. We need much clearer photos of each bird to determine gender.

Back
Top Bottom