Pawhut 71" Wooden Backyard Henhouse Chicken Coop Kit

I have a similar coop that I've had for 3 years and it is still sturdy and strong ( we have coyotes here). We painted ours as I see you did too. My suggestions are to do a different roof for the coop and best box. The roof parts, unfortunately, were the only parts that did not hold up. I'm adding a metal roof to mine. Since yours is still new, I wanted to let you know so you can upgrade that part before it loses its sturdiness to attach something to the roof.

Also, if you haven't already, put the whole thing on some bricks or make a flat frame for the base of your coop to rest on with weather resistant lumber. It helps the coop last longer as well. I use mine as a grow out pen now since chicken math struck!!!

Yes, I plan on moving this unit into our barn. By then, we will have butchered the calves and they can roam around in the pen in there and still have their little coop for security.

Thanks for the tips. I am glad to hear that yours lasted longer than what most expect. I will take this advice and put it to use. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom