PayPal surprise fee of $7.95 !

Well I sent paypal an e-mail requesting they look into it but I am not holding my breath. After talking to my bank its going to cost me $25 to stop paypal from using my account anymore. I think what I am going to do, because I have heard I am not the only person who has had problems, is close my account and start over and have a seperate account for paypal.
Thats probably the safest way for me.

inuyashalover21 I
th.gif
to your wisdom

Last edited:
Last time someone bought delaware eggs from me paypal charged me $2.50 and told me I had used up my 5 transactions that I'm allowed for the year. Then I read where they said they would cahrge me 4.9% of any transactions after that. So I don't know what I want to do from now on. That's alot of money if you start adding it up. The sent me a email telling me to sign up for the other paypal account they have.

I used to sell on eBay several years ago and still buy there regularly. Many sellers used to have a personal account and a business account for Paypal. The business account they would use for buyers paying via credit card and the personal account was for buyers paying via echeck and Paypal funds that were already in their account.

Alot of people have had various issues with Paypal, but I haven't had many issues.I have always used Paypal for my buying transactions but I only use a credit card for funding a transaction when paying. If I ever have a problem with Paypal, I know that my credit card company will get the charges reversed, because it is their(cc company's) money and not mine. Although debit cards offer certain protections, most banks will not go after retrieving YOUR money as aggressively as they would go after THEIR OWN money.

the fees for accepting payment threw them is not really that bad. The last year i did artshows i got with a company to be able to accept CCards, the fees ran between 2.5% to 4%. It is the service you are paying for, if you think about it, if you recieved checks / money orders, you have to drive to the bank to deposite them, wait for them to clear.....so on so forth.

chickhamm
Theressa

I have a friend that had problems with PP. I told her to let them know that they were calling the Attorney generals office if things were not resolved in two weeks. THEY WERE! If it's a lot of money and PP does not resolve it. Call the AG in your state. You will need to fill out paper work or you can do it over the internet. They do all the work for you. Good Luck with that. GB

Quote:
Hey, PC, I like the way inuyashalover21 thinks.
wink.png

I think the tax you are talking about is a 'use' tax. Buying items out of state, like if went to NH an bought a bunch of things, no sales tax there. or online there is no sales tax, unless the company is Maine based. Well, I am supposed to claim any such items on my Maine state return so I can get taxed for them.
hmm.png

I've never gotten fees tacked on by Paypal, or at least not to that extent and certianly not when I was the buyer. Maybe, because it was an e-check?
hu.gif

Thanks angie. E-checks are like regular checks that get taken out of you bank account if you dont have a debit car, credit card or money in your paypal account. it takes up to 4 business days to clear. My moms friends call me the paypal expert lol.

Back
Top Bottom