Pea Eggs Scheduled to Hatch?

The three new guys, from left to right; Blue Blackshoulder, Blue Pied split Bronze, and Silver Pied.

BP split Bronze and Blue Blackshoulder:

And the four - it's hard to get them all facing the camera. :p

I 70 and I 80 went to live with G daughter only 10 miles away today. Sad I'll miss them. Still have the other 2 and incubating eggs. Really cute babies MMM it's so funny how a mirror amazes them. The bigger of mine I named Jet, he needs more human contact. When I put my hand in cage he flys around. Java Matti wants the little fellow is a lot tamer. Can really tell the ones that start with human contact. Need help on identification will take pictures later.

Mmmaddie,,yours is much lighter in color than some of it's full paternal siblings here. Last group of 3 I hatched a week ago are very black all across the mid-back area,,a unique diffrential in pigment,,,and I'm almost positive I know exactly which hen is throwing these chicks now,,,recordkeeping is a biggy,,,especially years down the road if you keep our own birds.

He's much lighter than my IB Pied split Bronze, as well. I remember hearing that Bronze and IB colors as chicks are identical.. But my IB Pied is much much darker. So does that mean that mine is from a different hen than the ones you got? Is mine maybe from the IB hen you have in there? He's VERY cute and VERY sweet nonetheless. :)

Well I just candled the five local eggs that I have had in the incubator for 8 days. They all look clear. Which is really too bad. :/ The pea season is coming to an end and it looks like my four is all I've got this year.

Mmmaddie,,does the back of your bronze look this dark?These are 2 of the 3 i hatched last week,,other 1 was moved outside last week,but is just as dark.IB and Bronze are similar,,,but after you have raised both it is easy to distinguish, the IB has a more yellow chest and neck,,

Last edited:
Baby pics
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom