Pea feeding frenzy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Oct 12, 2011.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Just went out for my afternoon 'duck check'. Called, "duck, duck, ducks" several times, no response. Came back in got a handful of peas and lobbed them into the run off our back deck. Amazing how well peas work! They all came running! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm glad somebody likes peas! [​IMG]

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:They love them some peas. [​IMG]

4. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    My muscovies are total pigs when it comes to tomatoes! I'll keep the peas for me![​IMG]
    Beautiful birds BTW!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  5. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Thanks, farmdude, I think so too! Not sure I can share my tomatoes with the ducks, they were too hard to come by in the Pacific Northwest this summer. At least out of my garden!

6. farmdude

farmdude Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2009
    NE Wisconsin
    Quote:They only get the "reject" tomatoes. You folks had a cold summer, right? We had record heat. We just set a record for warmest October so far. I think your comment about spoiled ducks and not so spoiled husband is hilarious! You'd fit right in with my female friends. I tease them that their horses get more kisses than their husbands, they reply with; "Yeah, so what!?" [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  7. grawg

grawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    East Tennessee
    [​IMG]

x2 on the beautiful birds

8. newbyduckmom

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Farmdude: yes, very cold and wet. We had maybe one day without rain (hence no sun) at our house until mid-late August. The ducks were happy though! Guess I would prefer wet to record heat. Did 15 years in Sacramento...shudder the thought. 120 degrees was fine when I was a kid and could spend the summer in the lake, river, pool!

Re: The not-so-spoiled husband. I read the signature line to him. Husband-of-few-words just grunted. He was not amused. (But I am! I thought it was funny too! It was intended to be!)

It goes both ways in this house. Dogs get more attention than the wife too! What can I say, we love our pets. (He's not inclined to consider ducks pets though! Keep hearing these 'farm animals' comments. "They are not supposed to be friendly, they are farm animals....")

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by