Peachick Identification--PICS

allanimals21

Songster
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
MN
Ok. So here are the 3 peas I hatched this last week. I assume they are pretty self explanatory. But if they are actually some other color or split can someone chime in? I'm tryin to get all of this but its alot to take in and understand.

First one here came out of an egg marked BK which I assume is Black Shoulder

40051_bs.jpg

This one came out of egg mearked PD (Pied)

40051_pied.jpg

Then This 3rd one is from my trio. Not sure which hen laid the egg. India Blue Pied Male, India Blue Hen, and BS hen
40051_pea.jpg

Last pic is of all 3 together
40051_3peas.jpg

oh...and one more of baby pea sleeping on my lap
40051_043.jpg

First one is definitely BS. Second one looks to be split pied or white... I don't see any white patches on it that would indicate that the chick is pied, but with only the top shown that is hard to tell. The white wing primaries say definitely split something with white though.

The third one looks like a blue... but if it's from your trio and there's only those birds in the pen, that's odd. With that male, I would think there would be white primaries on the third chick too. I'll stick around and see what others have to say.

(and as an aside, if I had to make a guess, I'd say your second pic is a girl and the third is a boy... let us know which they turn out when they are older!)

The first chick is blackshoulder the second chick if it came from pied parents it a dark pied. The third chick is a india blue split pied only a chick that split pied only will show no white if it out of the blackshoulder hen it is split blackshoulder also.

yes 1st black shoulder
2nd dark pied (mate to a white to get 100% pied chicks)
3rd blue split pied (mate this bird to a white ,pied, or bird with white flight to get pieds)

Quote:
Well I hope your right about the sexes! LOL That would be the way I'd want it to work out. I will keep you posted and take pics of them at 2 weeks old for ya also

Back
Top Bottom