Peachick-Peacock-Peahen Gender Determination Age

I hatched 2 more peachicks this year on 5/11/20 to add to my friend's motley crew since the original 3 chicks I hatched appear to all be female.
The second image was taken on 9/19/20 and the third today, 10/28/20, so they're still quite young and they have WAY more blue that the others, could they both be boys or would peahens do this early too?
I'm pretty good at determining the gender of chickens early but this peafowl thing has me completely stumped! I suck at this! lol

5-19-20 (13).JPG

9-19-20.jpg
10-28-20.jpg

Two cocks.

Thank you!! That's what we're thinking as well! So my first hatch was 3 peahens and the second hatch was 2 peacocks! :love
I guess my next question would be should she plan to separate the peacocks since she only has 3 peahens? Are they like roosters in that respect?

Thank you!! That's what we're thinking as well! So my first hatch was 3 peahens and the second hatch was 2 peacocks! :love
I guess my next question would be should she plan to separate the peacocks since she only has 3 peahens? Are they like roosters in that respect?
She shouldn't need to until they become mature, spring of 2022.

Back
Top Bottom