Peachick starter food

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Peacocks Fly Free, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Peacocks Fly Free

Peacocks Fly Free Chirping

Feb 7, 2018
    I’m about the have some Spalding peachicks hatch and I’ve been doing research to make sure I feed them right. I read that I should mix medicated chick feed with starter game bird food. What brands do you use for your chicks? And what do you find to be the best food for them? I also read that I need food with Amprolium and I wanted to know how much they need. The medicated chick feedback I have for some bantam chicks I have says it has 0.0125% Amprolium in it. Is hat enough? Any other tips for raising peachicks would be helpful! Thanks!

2. I use a 23% medicated chick starter but in my opinion, the amprolium in the starter is of little use for peachicks which is why I do regular sulfa dosing in the water every two weeks.

Peacocks Fly Free likes this.
  3. Peacocks Fly Free

Feb 7, 2018
    I tried to find some Sulfa online and all I found was stuff for fish. I looked up some for birds and I got a tablet for pigeons. What do you use? What brand?

4. Sulfadimethoxine liquid that I have my vet order in for me.

5. Peacocks Fly Free

Feb 7, 2018
    So if I get the Sulfadimethoxine liquid does that mean I wouldn’t need the medicated chick feed? I could just use game bird food? Or does the medicated food provide other things that the game bird food does not?

https://www.cheshirehorse.com/purin...MIjLbD8Mq84wIVCZ6fCh0EyA7eEAQYBiABEgLM9vD_BwE
    This is what I found for game bird food.

https://allbirdproducts.com/product...MI8tjbr_e-4wIVEa_ICh1wkgUdEAQYAiABEgLiePD_BwE

and this is what I found for a Sulfadimethoxine liquid.

6. I think using both is better from what I have read. I get Sulfadimethoxine by the gallon for about twelve dollars than it is here in this ad from my vet.
    upload_2019-7-19_1-1-44.png

7. Peacocks Fly Free

Feb 7, 2018
    Okay thank you!

casportpony likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: