Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Dad was my "showy" pied Harley, I will not refer to him as loud, since we don't all agree on what that means. She will carry 1 copy of the pied gene, and 1 copy of the white gene. She will carry either 1 or 2 copies of the white eye gene. I am guessing your male is a split to white, if so you will get white chicks, pied chicks, possibly silver pied chicks. If your male is a dark pied he would carry 2 copies of the pied gene and no white gene so you would never get white chicks from them. A split white is a nice choice of males for her.

Dad was my "showy" pied Harley, I will not refer to him as loud, since we don't all agree on what that means. She will carry 1 copy of the pied gene, and 1 copy of the white gene. She will carry either 1 or 2 copies of the white eye gene. I am guessing your male is a split to white, if so you will get white chicks, pied chicks, possibly silver pied chicks. If your male is a dark pied he would carry 2 copies of the pied gene and no white gene so you would never get white chicks from them. A split white is a nice choice of males for her.
So if he were dark pied could he ever produce white from a split to white hen? I ask because he and some of the split white hens produced white last year.

-Kathy

Last hatch finally all done. Now just need to grow them all up.

So if he were dark pied could he ever produce white from a split to white hen? I ask because he and some of the split white hens produced white last year.

-Kathy
As a dark pied he would have no white genes, so if he produced white chicks he is definitely split to white. Sometimes the only way to know is to breed them and see what you get.

Back
Top Bottom