Peachicks of 2021

Montana Pied at four weeks.
IMG_3894.JPG
IMG_3898.JPG

How can you tell it's a high percentage Spalding Pied? Is it because of the color/pattern or because you know the parents are already? It's really stunning.
I am very careful with the marking and recording of all eggs. The breeding information is kept and serialized in our files. When I am asked about a bird I can tell you from his wing tag it's egg number, date laid, Pen color and patterns, the date set, and hatched. We also note special markings at two weeks of age. Here is a pic of his daddy and possible mothers. Any time you see those dark spots on the back of the head on a white chick and the markings on the face it will be a Silver Pied.
IMG_2895.JPG

I am very careful with the marking and recording of all eggs. The breeding information is kept and serialized in our files. When I am asked about a bird I can tell you from his wing tag it's egg number, date laid, Pen color and patterns, the date set, and hatched. We also note special markings at two weeks of age. Here is a pic of his daddy and possible mothers. Any time you see those dark spots on the back of the head on a white chick and the markings on the face it will be a Silver Pied.View attachment 2752702
Thank you. :D Such beautiful birds!

3 out of 3 peahen eggs hatched: 1 India Blue, 1 White, and 1 Pied.
I was holding them for 7 days before putting them into the incubator, but then eggs were dwindling down as I only have 6 laying peahens and they are just 2 years old; so I would put the eggs in after a couple days... now I have a few batches of just 3-4 eggs in the incubator to hatch at each time... :thbecause they are still laying...

I have a question, why are my pieds different colors of brown. I had 3 very dark brown pied with white splotches on heads and now I have 2 light brown pied with light brown heads? Is that indications of different pieds or different genders, or does it mean nothing at all. These are from my birds. @KsKingBee ?
IMG_1640.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom