Peachicks of 2021

Uh, the two really dark ones look like chickens to me. :gigSpaulding blood tends to make the colors darker and the whites whiter, perhaps you have some Spaulding in your flock? Also whenever there is a white gene it will also affect the color. That is why WE and Silver tend to be a bit washed out where there is color. Look at the last two pics, the Spauldings dark areas are darker and the IB is lighter and washed out.
IMG_4043.JPG
IMG_4036.JPG
IMG_4022.JPG

Uh, the two really dark ones look like chickens to me. :gigSpaulding blood tends to make the colors darker and the whites whiter, perhaps you have some Spaulding in your flock? Also whenever there is a white gene it will also affect the color. That is why WE and Silver tend to be a bit washed out where there is color. Look at the last two pics, the Spauldings dark areas are darker and the IB is lighter and washed out.View attachment 2759452View attachment 2759453View attachment 2759455
LOL, the 2 black chicks are Large Cochins. :lol:
Thank you so much for the information I was trying to decide which ones to keep.

@casportpony how many eggs is your Muscovy hen(s) sitting on?
I had 6 hatch today in my incubator today out of 7. The last egg still looks good but I don't know... tomorrow was supposed to be hatch day.
I wish I had one of those heartbeat monitors @KsKingBee has. I just have to win the lottery or get a second job. :lau:lau:lau

@casportpony how many eggs is your Muscovy hen(s) sitting on?
I had 6 hatch today in my incubator today out of 7. The last egg still looks good but I don't know... tomorrow was supposed to be hatch day.
I wish I had one of those heartbeat monitors @KsKingBee has. I just have to win the lottery or get a second job. :lau:lau:lau
That monitor has paid for itself. I still have hens laying, I'm still setting eggs. :he Not many are fertile.

Ok, someone tell me what this is. We found it running around out in the yard and we don't know where it came from. We have a bunch of peahens setting on eggs but can not identify a matching shell for this chick.View attachment 2803329View attachment 2803330View attachment 2803331View attachment 2803332
I love all that white! The feathered legs are very interesting! 😍
I do love feathered legs, I have Large Cochins, Bantam Cochins and Marans. 🥰
I had an Ayam Cemani hatch with some feathering on the legs, but it didn't stay that way for long.

I love all that white! The feathered legs are very interesting! 😍
I do love feathered legs, I have Large Cochins, Bantam Cochins and Marans. 🥰
I had an Ayam Cemani hatch with some feathering on the legs, but it didn't stay that way for long.
No, the feathering on the legs will go away but that round head and short little beak sure look odd to me.

Back
Top Bottom