Peacock feed

Hou123

In the Brooder
Jul 16, 2022
I have read oats are good for peafowls. Is it safe to feed them whole oats that are for other livestock animals? What else do you feed your peafowls that you can purchase at the feed store? Sometimes I can’t find game bird feed and would like to know what I can safely feed my peafowls that are not fresh produce. Thanks!

Oats are not a balanced diet.

What area are you in? 'll help you find a feed store that has a decent balanced feed.

I dont mind buying multiple feed to make up for the balance. The closest feed store is tractor supply.
Feeding a balanced complete feed is better for the bird then mixing treats (oats) in with a balanced feed.
Tractor Supply should have a balanced feed at all times available.
One of the all flock type feeds or a turkey starter feed would be much better than oats.

Feeding a balanced complete feed is better for the bird then mixing treats (oats) in with a balanced feed.
Tractor Supply should have a balanced feed at all times available.
One of the all flock type feeds or a turkey starter feed would be much better than oats.
Got it. I will
Keep checking. It’s just they are out of stock of many feeds all the time:(

If they're out of the all flock or turkey feed, then chick starter or lay pellets would work and have better balance then oats.

Back
Top Bottom