Peacock interfering with Aerial.

Mrs Clutterbuck

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi everyone
big_smile.png

I don't personally own a Peacock, but we recently moved house and one of our neighbours does. I think there are two males, not that I've seen them together. They are absolutely stunning creatures and we love to see them. I think they have taken a fancy to our hens because they seem to hang out here all the time now.

Problem is - They are adjusting my UHF aerial and I have to re-set my tivo daily!
hmm.png

Anyone else have this problem or have a suggestion as to what I can do??

Thanks
big_smile.png

what does the aerial look like? do you think they are trying to eat it? or roost on it? is it on your roof or the side of your house? or on a pole in your yard?

I wonder if you got one of those plastic owls and placed it near it if it would keep away other pests and deter the peafowl.

good luck, and yes they are beautiful birds.
smile.png

Hi Knix, Thanks for replying - the aerial is a silver twisty metal thing about 1ft long and it comes about 1 ft of the side of the house over the roof. From the yelping coming from my roof in the night I suspect that it/ they are occasionally roosting there. I will have to have a look out for a plastic owl, I would never have dreamed of such a thing! Do you know where I could get one?

Thanks so much
big_smile.png

Quote:
Sorry ya are having problems with the peas.
i waisted my money on a plastic owl they do not deter anything, even the chickens and guineas were not afraid of it and it has a moving head.

Back
Top Bottom