Peacock questions

sarahsark

Songster
10 Years
Jun 1, 2009
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Hello everyone,

I think this may be the appropriate forum... anyway, I'm going for it!
tongue.png

I've suddenly come down with a severe case of GottaHaveUm's and want to know all about peacocks.

The last time I had a peacock, I was four years old and too young to appreciate his beauty (I was scared to death of it)...
idunno.gif

Are there any peacock lovers out there who can share info, pics, tips and advice?

Or maybe just be an enabler and fuel my desires? lol... My friend Danielle will do that over the phone: "Omg, get one, get one, get one!!"
ya.gif

Well I am the very proud owner of a peacock - Horatio - he is my pride and joy and adored!! ..... he free ranges and usually stays close to home. At night in the winter he roosts with the guinea fowl in a big old oak tree, in the summer he roosts on the chimney stack.... noisy? ... yes during the breeding season.... don't recommend a peacock if you have close neighbours though due to the noise of their calling..... here are some pics for you....

Horatio just chillin .....
Mygardenplants001.jpg

Hiding in one of the flower beds....
Englishcountryside023.jpg

Am I beautiful or what.......he is such a poser!
PICT0557.jpg

And I'm looking at you looking at me pose...
PICT0559.jpg

Sighhhhh, he is so lovely . . . I am just like you Sarahsark, I just have to have two . . .I will have a good fenced area for them to be safe from predators, if only the great pyrs will allow them in . . . they are use to every other kind of animals, so hopefully they will be o.k. with birds.

English Chick, Horatio is just gorgeous. Lucky you.

Quote:
i was waitin for that to come up. finally someone mentioned it. sarah, there is tons of info in the peafowl section, just below the guinea fowl section. hope that helps
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom