1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Peacock sick and needs help

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by New_Hobby, Mar 19, 2017.

1. New_Hobby

New_Hobby New Egg

May 3, 2009
    DeWinton
    I have a 3 year old Indian blue. He started acting weird last week laying down not roosting. So I brought him up and he is in a heated area. He has white yellow poop. What I've done so far as per my vet, tylan 200 shots intermuscular. 3 times second day of antibiotics he showed improvement eating drinking and by the next day. Day after that back to what he was. So I contacted the vet again took in stool sample, showed nothing. He put him on metronidazole 250 tabs twice a day for possible black head and deworming with safeguard. We are on a day and a half of this with no improvement. Does anyone have any other suggestions. Please? How fast does metro work? How do I force feed him?

2. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Histomonosis .... metronidazole 250 is a good medication !

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Did your vet do a gram stain? Ask vet about starting Baytril, subcutaneous fluids, and tube feeding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by