Peacock wing injury please help!

cicipitcher7

Chirping
Mar 28, 2022
I have a 7month old peacock who was injured through out the night no idea what happened and the bone on the front part of his wing (not the whole wing) is showing and exposed. I’ve called different vets and no one where I live deals with birds or exotics like peacocks. I tried to set the bone back in place but I couldn’t do it. It just wouldn’t go back in. But I did clean with betadine and sprayed it with vetrycin and wrapped it up. I’m in desperate need of what to do. Please help me save one of my baby peacocks.

Attachments

• IMG_8905.jpeg
    IMG_8905.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8906.jpeg
    IMG_8906.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8907.jpeg
    IMG_8907.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8908.jpeg
    IMG_8908.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8909.jpeg
    IMG_8909.jpeg
    706.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8910.jpeg
    IMG_8910.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8911.jpeg
    IMG_8911.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 7
I have a 7month old peacock who was injured through out the night no idea what happened and the bone on the front part of his wing (not the whole wing) is showing and exposed. I’ve called different vets and no one where I live deals with birds or exotics like peacocks. I tried to set the bone back in place but I couldn’t do it. It just wouldn’t go back in. But I did clean with betadine and sprayed it with vetrycin and wrapped it up. I’m in desperate need of what to do. Please help me save one of my baby peacocks.
It looks like something a rat would do. When my quail were attacked, it was quite the scene and it looked something like this. I usually would use cetrigen antibacterial wound spray but for something more severe, I would also bandage the bird and keep it separate. By the way I’m in Aus so the spray might only be available online if you live elsewhere in the world.

Create a splint for broken bone to reconnect it while it heals. If you have 2 popsicle sticks or any material with a similar structure should work. You would need to secure the splint with a fairly tight wrap. Make sure to clean and redress the splint after 3 days. To check the progress of how well it's healing.

Clean the wound up and put a anti bacterial or antibiotic ointment like neosporin and make a splint and bandage it up. I'd also give her vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B12 and vitamin E for extra boosts. Seperate her and make sure she eats and drinks really well. Change the bandages every 2 days or every 3 days MAX. Good luck :)

This is day after being cleaned and wrapped again this time I wrapped around the body so that the wing doesn’t droop. So far he doesn’t like it but It’s the best I could do so that the wing stays up in place and not dragging.

Back
Top Bottom