Peacocks 1st Train, They are sooooooooo proud!

Quote:
I have the same problem, except for my new 2 YO IB Pied....he is just a show off~!

Every time mine see me, they run over to see what treats I've brought them, so I am going to have to get Jim to take the pics unless ya'll just want to see a bunch of closeups of beaks in the camera lens, lol!
roll.png

Quote:
I'm new to peas - my 5 month old black shoulder doesn't have nearly the amount of color
on his neck that your little man does.
Is mine just slow or is the rate of development different for each variety?

Guess it just depends on the pea, cause 2 of my females have brighly colored neck and one is very dull
peahen5months2.jpg

peahen5months.jpg

That first peahen looks like what my peahen Pip used to look like when I first got her. She was a bit dull, so I was very happy when soon her color started to improve and now she has a bright glittering green neck and her head is brown with several tiny sparkling green feathers. She is much better looking! I think your dull colored one will get more color, it just might take longer than it has for the other.

My pied male was shy when I first got him about letting me take pictures of him displaying or even just watching him display. Eventually he got used to the camera and would seem to show off and I could get really close to him displaying and touch his train all fanned out. Now that his train is growing back and it isn't soo short anymore he started to display yesterday, and in comparison my young India Blue male is NOT shy at all backing up into me as he displays and backing up into the pied male too.
roll.png

I think that you just have to get the peas used to the camera, bring to the pen with you regularly and get them used to the noise it makes, ect. Then you might even nottice them start to like the attention and show off for the camera.

Altoshakinit.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

I'm new to peas - my 5 month old black shoulder doesn't have nearly the amount of color
on his neck that your little man does.
Is mine just slow or is the rate of development different for each variety?

Black Shoulders take a while longer to develop color I believe. The majority of their feathers are white when they are young to the new feathers have to grow in. Don't quote me but i think thats the reason
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom