Peafowl 101: Basic care, genetics, and answers.

You can put the liquid safeguard on pieces of bread and just make sure that the correct bird gets the correct dose. It helps to have two people.

And maybe someone can submit a basic pea egg incubation article to the new learning center?

-Kathy

I'll get right on that after I solve my "incubator of death" problem
he.gif
The place where good eggs go to turn bad...
hit.gif

Don't forget that hen health and nutrition are the building blocks of successful hatching.

No doubt... but doesn't appear to be the problem here. These are great eggs... right up to the point where they die. It's gotta be bacteria in the incubator. Hen is fine. Diet is great, nutrition is as good as I can get it, and she is maintaining weight well.

Oh, I know what you are going through, I have no hair left to pull out after last year. So many duds, and so many fully developed eggs that for some reason unknown to me just failed to peep.
idunno.gif

I am hoping that the clears were caused by too many young hens in the breeder pens, and that the hens were not properly wormed before season began. The fully developed eggs that did not peep is still a mystery to me.

Oh, I know what you are going through, I have no hair left to pull out after last year.  So many duds, and so many fully developed eggs that for some reason unknown to me just failed to peep.  :idunno

I am hoping that the clears were caused by too many young hens in the breeder pens, and that the hens were not properly wormed before season began.  The fully developed eggs that did not peep is still a mystery to me.  

Is there enough Oxygen around your incubator? Is it close to the wall or something like that? Are you opening the incubator door to let some Oxygen come in everyday? These are important points.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom