Peafowl 104: Anatomy, Motion, and Behaviors (In Progress)

Kedreeva

Longfeather Lane
13 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
Welcome back to Peafowlology! If you have not read the Peafowl 101 post, it might be a good idea to start there and work your way to this lesson.

This post shall describe and illustrate peafowl anatomy, movement of the peafowl body, and the basic behaviors of peafowl through their ages, including vocalization. THIS POST SHALL BE CONSIDERED IN PROGRESS UNTIL THE TITLE TAG IS REMOVED.

Anatomy
Bone structure
Musculature
Anatomy and formation of feathers
Crest/Crown, Head, neck, breast, wings, saddle, train vs tail, feet, spurs

Range of motion
Sitting
Standing
Walking
Running
Flight
Landing
Perching

Behavior
Chicks
Young Adult
Adult
-Preening
-Fluffing
-Inspecting
Solo Vs. Group

Mating Behaviors

Vocalizations
(videos)
Scream
Honk
"popping"
Hew
chatter/soft whistle
Baby noises- pi-wheep, WHEE WHEE.

Abnormal Behaviors

Last edited:
Welcome back to Peafowlology! If you have not read the Peafowl 101 post, it might be a good idea to start there and work your way to this lesson.

This post shall describe and illustrate peafowl anatomy, movement of the peafowl body, and the basic behaviors of peafowl through their ages, including vocalization. THIS POST SHALL BE CONSIDERED IN PROGRESS UNTIL THE TITLE TAG IS REMOVED.

Anatomy
Bone structure
Musculature
Anatomy and formation of feathers
Crest/Crown, Head, neck, breast, wings, saddle, train vs tail, feet, spurs

Range of motion
Sitting
Standing
Walking
Running
Flight
Landing
Perching

Behavior
Chicks
Young Adult
Adult
-Preening
-Fluffing
-Inspecting
Solo Vs. Group

Mating Behaviors

Vocalizations
(videos)
Scream
Honk
"popping"
Hew
chatter/soft whistle
Baby noises- pi-wheep, WHEE WHEE.

Abnormal Behaviors
Is everything okay? I got to this one.... are we coming together as a class?
Oh dear INSTRUCTOR! If at all possible? Can you come back? I'm sure I was not the only person wanting to finish this or keep learning with youa!!!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!?
COME BACK???
Shuck just PM me! If there's be some kind of....ahhh-humm...upper "somebody" troubles? I'M WITH YOU!

These have been well written & backed up with documentation. I'm no "dummy". I know CR*P when I'm exposed to it. YOU'RE REFRESHINGLY GOOD!
Thank you

Zero useful information in this thread. Kedreeva meant to use it for a teaching tool but there has been no discussion or any useful information disseminated in the last six years that would make it valuable for a Stickies learning tool.

Back
Top Bottom