Peafowl and chickens

Luvmychickens11

Hatching
Jul 24, 2016
Hi, I'm new to asking questions but I follow the site. I have a pair of peafowl. The have free ranged with my chickens and rooster for a year no problem. Now the male is aggressively chasing and attacking my rooster as well as the hens. I Separated and locked up the peafowl several times but he continues to do it. I love them but I can't have him killing my chickens is there anything besides killing or getting rid of them that I can do? . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm afraid I'm not a pea keeper but I shall move your thread to the pea section so the keepers there can help you.

Good luck and I hope you can get this sorted out :fl

Peacocks get really aggressive during the breeding season due to all the testosterone in their bodies. He will continue to do it on and off as long as he and the chickens have access to each other. It probably will die down as fall comes but come next spring he'll be at it again. You'll probably have to confine him and his hen to stop it. I would highly suggest given his temperament though that if you do confine him you get at least 1 more hen (preferably more than that) so that he doesn't beat on the peahen too.

Back
Top Bottom