Peafowl and Winter?

You guys are awesome!! Thank you for all your help and lovely pictures! Seems like it doesn't have to be as elaborate as I was dreading....

So another question, it seems like peafowl get along with chickens? It would make things much easier if I could just put them in the chicken coop (which is unreasonably large
lol.png
) in the winter seasons.

Mine go into the "bird" shed at night when cold weather comes. The peas way up top and the chickens and ducks on the floor.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

So I am considering getting some peacocks in the Spring, and just wanted a question about weather cleared up. So I live in Idaho, where it can get pretty cold here for about 8 months out of the year, mid to high 20s most of the day, and it can drop below zero sometimes at night.

Are peafowl hardy enough to get through this kind of weather? We are working on building them a new enclosure, which we will insulate, of course, but still. Also, are there breeds of peafowl that do better in the cold?

Thanks so much for any help you all can give!!

Oh! Also, would you guys mind showing off some pictures of your enclosures? I want to make sure I'm doing this right!

I help with my daughter's 10 peacocks. We are in eastern Ontario where it doesn't get close to freezing even at mid day for months. Peacocks do fine. They have a large run and have access to their area of the barn whenever they want. Even on cold days, with lots of snow on the ground, they choose to be outside.
Sometimes I find them huddled together on the perches looking like a bunch of vultures

Back
Top Bottom