Peafowl eggs and candling reposted here

I just checked the FB page and it looks like they have about one post per day, usually sharing pea related pictures. Some people will post pics and ask questions, not many. The only mention of a calendar is for photos to be sent to Jen at Louden Farms with a dot com. I haven't ever been active on their web forum, looked dismal to me.

I just checked the FB page and it looks like they have about one post per day, usually sharing pea related pictures. Some people will post pics and ask questions, not many. The only mention of a calendar is for photos to be sent to Jen at Louden Farms with a dot com. I haven't ever been active on their web forum, looked dismal to me.

Yes, that's pretty close to what I observed. I think it is held annually, approximately the last weekend in September... at least that has been the pattern as long as I have been around, which isn't that long in pea-years
gig.gif

Sounds like my mommas quilting club
wink.png

dont seem to be having much luck finding more eggs :S
Sorry, Gruber... keep looking. When is your breeding season for peas down there.

Did you laugh at my post that I found some HERE? (In December... who'd believe it... I'm up to three. No idea if they will develop...)

been talking to some people, some person who had 70 peafowl eggs said only 10 hatched and some family friends who breed a massive amount of chooks said its the worst year their've had trying to hatch

been talking to some people, some person who had 70 peafowl eggs said only 10 hatched and some family friends who breed a massive amount of chooks said its the worst year their've had trying to hatch

This past season was a really bad one for us here in the U.S. Many people reported poor hatch rates, late onset of laying, eggs that developed full term, but could not hatch, etc.... My hatch was a bit worse than previous, but not terrible, however I had to help a lot of them out of the egg. I have a friend who doesn't help, and he would go into lockdown with 12 eggs and end up with 1 or 2 chicks.

Back
Top Bottom