Peafowl in a suburban area... Opinions????

Quote:
WOW, a woman will blood pressure problem, running with two loaded shot guns shooting at a peacock!!!!!!!

BTW Rare for a peacock to attack a person, have never hear of one killing anyone. A rooster in more likely to attack than a peacock.

I do agree everyone needs to keep their livestock or pets on their own land..... cats too

lau.gif
love it Deerman!!
lau.gif

I agree with keeping them to yourself, but , I have never seen a killer peacock before either, mine are just a gentle as can be, except the greens, they just want to be as far away from you as possible.
I guess one could click...but I get burgled by bantam roos about every day!

I guess the noise level with peas varies, mine rarely made a noise, even in breeding season..& their pen was less than 20ft from my bedroom windows

I have two of them, and really enjoy them. But my 'kids' are yearlings this year so I guess it will be a while before I know how much noise they will make? Now and then when I am outside I hear them calling, but they have only been about as loud as my geese (if even that loud). It makes me smile, even if I am having a bad day. I keep them penned. Between the fox and raccoon population, neighbors dogs, and the neighbors rights, they will stay penned up. It's high on my priority list to build them a large habitat. Thanks to the video (that I posted), I have determined that the original location that I planned for the habitat won't work. I need to build it further from the neighbors.

One of these days I need to post pics of the peas in the hopes that someone can help me to determine if my pied is a hen or a cock (it's white with gray spots) and see if anyone can ID the other. He was supposed to be a Black Shoulder, has a blue head and neck with a white patch on his throat. Where an IB has barring (and the BS is black), he has black and white feathers. Not barred, kinda like black feathers whith a white V in them. He isn't what he was supposed to be, but I really love him!

Back
Top Bottom