Peafowl Mating

I believe it to be cruel breeding them into ill health and a short life. They probably don't fit into the peafowl or guinea world therefore unable to communicate with anything but crosses like themselves. I have 75% Green chicks that are 2 years old now. They tend to stick together away from the India Blue. I need to pay more attention but pretty sure they are making the sounds of the Green's or I wonder if they'll actually have their own language. LOL, maybe I shouldn't say language..... you know what I mean.

someone hatch some every year ,many members on here........

was a story about one hatch on here growing up, most are really mistakes. most are peacock mating with a guinea hen.

Deerman, I am crying my eyes out from reading the story of Miracle. What an amazing thread. I didn't read all 85 pages but skipped forward. I think it was 63 when the bird passed away and my heart sunk. Reading beyond that just made me cry more and battling now to stop....I hate crying. The owner and writer convinced me the spirt of that wonderful bird is still there on the farm. If I read everything from the beginning I'd probably need a Valium which I don't have nor anything like it. Thanks for posting the link. Due to the short life of crosses like Miracle I hope people won't purposely breed them. I want to go out to the pen and hug all my peafowl, LOL!!!!

Deerman, I am crying my eyes out from reading the story of Miracle. What an amazing thread. I didn't read all 85 pages but skipped forward. I think it was 63 when the bird passed away and my heart sunk. Reading beyond that just made me cry more and battling now to stop....I hate crying. The owner and writer convinced me the spirt of that wonderful bird is still there on the farm. If I read everything from the beginning I'd probably need a Valium which I don't have nor anything like it. Thanks for posting the link. Due to the short life of crosses like Miracle I hope people won't purposely breed them. I want to go out to the pen and hug all my peafowl, LOL!!!!

sorry...I had not read that for some time, didn't know Miracle didn't make it

OurLittleChickenFarm has posted great pictures of Miracle while telling the story of it's life. You can't help but become attached...was extremely well written. I think I read something about following up with a book. I'd purchase it.

Deerman, pray you are doing well. I really appreciate you sharing all your peafowl knowledge. My learning about these wonderful birds is important to me so I can care for them properly. I do thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom