Peafowl Noise, How bad and at what age do they start?

Thanks, I was just wondering, i do live in the country, but it can get a bit noisy at times, My Guineas can drive you nuts, I have two Roosters also which are not too bad, plus 22 Hens that get clucking, Then My Turkeys start and My Male Tom gets Gobbling. So at times it gets loud hear.

I only have one male, he started with the three-note "jungle" call about two, he's going on 3 now, and i can get him to do it anytime I want to annoy my neighbors ;~) And of course, now that it's allegedly spring, he does it when he displays for the chickens, which is all day long (they are not impressed). Then there's the two-note "hee- HONK", which means something's up....and another two-note call that ends in a high note like "yee-haaaaaw!" He'll do that one when i (or my grandgirl) imitate it, too.

I love the soft "caw" or "haw" noise he makes when he's talking to his reflection in the sliding glass door...I can imitate it pretty well, when i do it, wherever he is on my 3 acres, he'll come to me. I'm trying to find him a girlfriend!

I live at the end of a 1000 ft lane, my neighbor across the busy highway has a greenhouse business...she can hear him when she's workiing in the houses, even with the radio on...but she likes it.

Maybe just unsure...mine does it often when I open the door to his house without singing my "Who lets the birds out...woof, woof woof " stupid song...i'm sure any sound would do, to let him know i'm coming in. I think it's kind of territorial too, he honks at the UPS truck, the neighbor's cows, sandhill cranes flying over, the roosters sparring or mating.

Thanks, I was just wondering, i do live in the country, but it can get a bit noisy at times, My Guineas can drive you nuts, I have two Roosters also which are not too bad, plus 22 Hens that get clucking, Then My Turkeys start and My Male Tom gets Gobbling. So at times it gets loud hear.
When my chicken hens make a bunch of noise, usually after laying, my 2012 peas will start honking, but the adult peas don't, go figure...

Back
Top Bottom