Peafowl Poop - Normal and Abnormal - Lots of poop pictures

Pics
Safeguard is very safe, it's almost impossible to OD  them on it. Anyone that tells you that worming dogs with Safeguard is dangerous is wrong, lol.

-Kathy

If you are talking about killing your animals with Safeguard, in scientific studies dogs have been given a QUART of Safeguard and it didnot kill them. New born foals have been dosed in studies, no bad results.

There is probably not a safer wormer on the market.

Worms will do WAAAY more damage to your chickens than Safeguard will.

Ooooohhh okay that is ver relieving! I will worm them as well then! You guys have been a great help thank you so very much!
Ivermectin is the wormer that needs veterinarian direction for dogs.

Okay I will see if it's at our feed store the next time we worm if not I will ask for it to be called in :D

No body here thinks badly of you for not taking a chicken to a vet. I have never taken a chicken to a vet, and I can almost guarantee you I never will.

X2. 

-Kathy

Okay that's good to know I feel bad when I get judged for not instantly taking them to the vet.I am their vet & have always been. :)

As with most drugs, one should know how much their animal weighs, and they should know what the proper dose for that species is.

-Kathy

When Safeguard is given to cats and dogs it is given three days in a row or it's not effective. Please do consult a vet or breeder before worming your dogs and cats with Safeguard or ivermectin.

-Kathy

I cannot afford to take my animals to the vet for every trivial thing. I will admit it. I do a lot of preventive care for my animals. I have 3 dogs, a cat and a horse. I routinely do wormins and vaccinations. In 5 years the only thing that has gone to the vet is the cat for a bladder infection. If I don't know what to do for an animal only then will they go see the vet.

Let us know how things turn out!

Okay thanks you guys! (Note: I call everyone guys I now your gals :p ) I will give it to them tomorrow every time I get over one problem I get hit hard with another! I had a hen get IB after being treated repeatedly still ended up being culled.Had two turkeys culled recently for various problems.Then my ducks have foamy eye now so I have to put Vetricyn on their eyes daily & the worming/vent gleet is now a problem I am like putting notes everywhere trying to keep up with everything & I only have 12 birds right now *head spins*

Poult, I gotta ask.  How does one get over five thousand posts in two months?

:lol: I am on about 20 threads I join threads for a bit drop them if I am done helping where I felt needed open some threads I LOVE BYC I talk on several chat threads love meeting new people on here! Overall I am a chatty Kathy LOL I love getting pms so if you ever want to pm me I will keep ya entertained! I am very talkative & have a lot of information to share :D

We use safe guard for goats to worm all our animals here, 1cc per bird for 3 days straight and then repeat in 10 days if they are not on a regular worming schedule

What type of Safeguard? Is it equine? That's what I bought is equine safeguard wormer. & one teaspoon is 5ml & 1cc = 1ml = 1/4 teaspoon correct?

We use Safeguard liquid for goats/cattle or paste for horses at 0.23ml per pound of body weight for five days. That amount will treat almost all worms that birds get. Valbazen is also a good wormer and the Valbazen dose I would use is 0.08ml per pound once and repeat in ten days.

-Kathy

Okay then I am not sure how I am gonna workout such a small measurement I only have teaspoons so my birds guessing they weigh no more then 4-5 lbs each my smallest hen about 1 pound :th & a goose weighing probably about 8-10 lbs & I don't have a weight scale......

So what I have is an equine wormer and I need a conversion in teaspoons because I only have that :/ this is very difficult to workout.

I should explain further into detail what kind of birds I am treating.

2 female geese that are ten months old.8-19 lbs each.

2 muscovy drakes ten months old too.7-9 lbs each.

8 chickens all except one weighing between 3-5 lbs one weighing about 1 lb.All well over a year old.

Back
Top Bottom