Peafowl Poop - Normal and Abnormal - Lots of poop pictures

Pics
if it's 100mg/ml then 0.5 was a little too much, but she should be okay. IN 48 hours from now you should see some improvement.

-Kathy

She died today, its weird that she died at the same time which my peachick last year died if you remember it, with the same symptoms. Its also too 5 days until she died, i'm wondering why? Is it their feed so i could change it?! But i guess if it was the feed the others should get sick too.

Following up to my happy note and requesting some advice.

As described in my happy report - I finished (11/10) dosing and maintenance (Emtryl and Corid) of my penned hens, 2 of 4 had been noticeably affected by an apparent combination of Blackhead followed by Coccidiosis.

After 2 weeks of mostly normal poos (a few loose), this morning I found the dreaded blood again and one hen with sickly posture - drooping wings and neck tucked in shoulders. Photos below... first is morning, second is probably from last night or evening.

I do NOT see sulfur color and the sickly hen was still pecking at food this morning so I am planning to start Corid treatment again - treatment dose followed by maintenance dose.
Is that the correct next step? Okay to treat the entire pen of 4 via water?

Should I do the Emtryl treatment again as well?

It has been 3 weeks since the initial and follow-up worming triggered by illness - should I worm the pen again?

I don't have a second pen to use for quarantine and the hen that is sick was not my patient zero although she was ill the longest in my initial bout with these problems. I am covering problem poos with a heavy dose of lime then straw and then forking out of pen.

Thoughts?

Yes, i was tubing her with Kaytee feed 3 times a day, and she started eating well after 2 days of getting sick, but she got worse again after that.

Back
Top Bottom