Peafowl Poop - Normal and Abnormal - Lots of poop pictures

Pics
Please someone help! I think I had a female die today from intestinal issues. I had noticed that there white liquid like poop while cleaning out pen yesterday and today she was gone and then I noticed watery blackish poop from a male I have and I have ones that I have raised since birth and would freak out if I loose any more. I see where people are talking about given powdery sulfa in their water and then worming please can you tell me the actual name and where I can get it from ASAP

Please someone help! I think I had a female die today from intestinal issues. I had noticed that there white liquid like poop while cleaning out pen yesterday and today she was gone and then I noticed watery blackish poop from a male I have and I have ones that I have raised since birth and would freak out if I loose any more. I see where people are talking about given powdery sulfa in their water and then worming please can you tell me the actual name and where I can get it from ASAP
@candiceppp
Welcome to BYC, and sorry for your loss. Can you do a necropsy on your deceased hen? Pictures of her intestines and her liver would be very helpful. Also, was she thin or fat?

Last edited:

This is what she looked like last week

The only chance of figuring out what killed her is to open her up and look at her intestines and possible her liver.

@candiceppp, I suggest vet because it could be many things, and unless you do a necropsy you have no way of knowing.

Might be blackhead, coccidiosis, worms, E.coli, necrotic enteritis, something else, or a combination of those. Each requires a different treatment, and you won't find any of the drugs needed at a feed store. Take him and your deceased hen to the vet. If it's one of the diseases I mentioned then you have less than three days before death.

Last edited:
Thank you. She was taken to a vet and a necropsy was completed and she has a heart defect that caused her right side of her heart and the vessels to be extremely dialated which caused her death. Also had fecal samples tested and she said they just need to be wormed and that's why the males poop is dark and watery.

Back
Top Bottom