Peafowl Poop - Normal and Abnormal - Lots of poop pictures

Pics
You are such a proud mama!
hugs.gif

Hello everyone!! This thread and all your information it is most helpful! I had peafowls with coccidiosis a bit ago, some died, have been treating them with fenbendazol and sulfamides for a while ( 2 months since the episode) and seem healthy, but lately they have watery dark brown droppings. Is that kind of poop normal? Parasite test came clean. Thanks in advance!!!

Hello everyone!! This thread and all your information it is most helpful! I had peafowls with coccidiosis a bit ago, some died, have been treating them with fenbendazol and sulfamides for a while ( 2 months since the episode) and seem healthy, but lately they have watery dark brown droppings. Is that kind of poop normal? Parasite test came clean. Thanks in advance!!!
Welcome to BYC!

How long were they on the sulfa drug? Might be a good idea to have the vet check theri poop for bacteria and/or yeast.

-Kathy

Hello Kathy!! They've been on sulfa every three weeks fot 2 months, now resting until the end of the year hopefully, in july i plan to give them preventive dosis of metronidazol. Here is a pic of the poop. No specially vets where we live only sheep and cows speciallists, so my guide has been backyard chickens, specially your articles :) but i am a bird newby with not much experience and no biology knowledge whatsoever
1f614.png

Talk to one of your farm vets and ask them if they can check a poop sample for bacteria and yeast.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom