Peafowl prices

NevilChick

Chirping
Apr 7, 2017
I have been acquiring a few peafowl lately and trying to add more. I know some prices, but I also am afraid I may be taken as a beginner. I'm wondering perhaps a close standard price for a pair of Java green. She is three and he is five and she is laying now.

I have been acquiring a few peafowl lately and trying to add more. I know some prices, but I also am afraid I may be taken as a beginner. I'm wondering perhaps a close standard price for a pair of Java green. She is three and he is five and she is laying now.
Do you have any pics of these “JAVA greens”? I’ve read that there are no true Javanese Peafowl in this country. The ones you are looking at may be high% spaldings or American greens. Pricing varies greatly depending on the quantity and % of the birds. The more you can educate yourself and the more you can develop an eye for what you are looking at, the better prepared you will be going into a sale like this. Best of luck!!

If they are pure Javas they'd be worth over a thousand for a mature pair. Almost all the Javas in the US are percentages.

This is the picture I have. I appreciate all of your help. Peafowl are new to me.

Attachments

• C3FEB788-B72A-42E1-82F9-C053206D84FA.png
    C3FEB788-B72A-42E1-82F9-C053206D84FA.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 38
They’re very pretty birds, but they’re Spaldings. They still have value tho. It’s tough to really see them in that pic. I might offer $400-500 for the pair.

Thank you very much. I don’t really know how to upload pictures any better. I wish I did! I guess I got taken on this deal. I wound up paying a lot more.

We have all over paid for birds we want. My offer is on the low side and based on a pic that makes it tough to really assess them. The male looks nice from this angle. The female is lower percentage. I’m sure they will make beautiful chicks for you.

Thank you so much and yes you are right about that. My daddy always said something is only worth what someone will pay for it. I wanted these enough to pay for them.... haha. But I do need to learn more. I appreciate your help. I truly can't wait to hatch chicks no matter what color they are!

Hoe about this guy? We want only a breeding pair and we will get rid of a boy. I don't know what breed mine are or how much I should sell them for. This one is about 10 mo.

Attachments

• 20180320_094527.jpg
    20180320_094527.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 34
Thank you very much. I don’t really know how to upload pictures any better. I wish I did! I guess I got taken on this deal. I wound up paying a lot more.[/QU
.... They are gorgeous birds and very different from what I have seen. I bet you will make your money back in no time selling their eggs or babies, so enjoy your beautiful new babies!

Back
Top Bottom