Peafowl Shipping Boxes

The Click-N-Ship process goes sort of like this:
-catch and box the birds
-weigh the package
-once you know the weight you go and fill out the shipping information and such on USPS website. I usually add a few ounces to the weight just to be safe.
-after completing the information you pay for the shipment and then you print out the labels (including the receipt to bring to PO)
-finally you bring the birds to the PO and they will weigh the box just to make sure the weight is correct and you are all set.

The first time I used Click-N-Ship the person at the PO did not know what to do and they were trying to charge me the full price. Just make sure you print everything out and show it to them. It is convenient just to drop the birds off at the PO.

No problem. You can also add insurance to cover the entire value of the shipment (which is something you fill in). If you have any more questions let me know.

Hi,
FEATHREX is a good brand for shipping birds.I am already experienced this product.it will be available at any number of quantity.....Boxes are Well-ventilated; Air-vents glued with bio-filter fabric..........

AS far as I know the PO doesn't insure perishables like birds and other animals. Nonetheless the clerks will try and sell you insurance - which will be worthless. You have to call them out on that. Even their overnight express, only claims you would get your postage fee back - forget about money for the bird. I think they stop insuring that too. Hey, it's the post office they do what they want and you take it or hit the road.

AS far as I know the PO doesn't insure perishables like birds and other animals. Nonetheless the clerks will try and sell you insurance - which will be worthless. You have to call them out on that. Even their overnight express, only claims you would get your postage fee back - forget about money for the bird. I think they stop insuring that too. Hey, it's the post office they do what they want and you take it or hit the road.

Perhaps you should stick to what you do know.

USPS does insure both poultry chicks and Adults with restrictions. Those who have mailed a bunch will be familiar with 526.33 and 526.43. I can tell you from experience that unless it is lost or HEAVILY damaged, you will have a hard time getting your insurance paid. USPS leaving adult birds in the heat or cold and delivered within three days will get you zilch.

All that being said, I have had very few problems and my locals USPS guys are a joy to work with.

Last edited:
USPS does insure both poultry chicks and Adults with restrictions. Those who have mailed a bunch will be familiar with 526.33 and 526.43. I can tell you from experience that unless it is lost or HEAVILY damaged, you will have a hard time getting your insurance paid. USPS leaving adult birds in the heat or cold and delivered within three days will get you zilch.

All that being said, I have had very few problems and my locals USPS guys are a joy to work with.

Can you tell me the dimensions of the container that you ship adult cocks in? The 20 x 8 x 16 seems to be a bit cramped... and the tail feathers need to be trimmed or pulled.

Back
Top Bottom