Peafowl TajMahal **NEW PICS 2/26

Here's some more pics of the in-process Peafowl enclosure. I've got it roofed, and the sides are about 1/2 done. Also have the netting over the top already in place...

A view of the side where you can see the PVC supports and netting

DSCF1512.jpg

Inside shot of the roof - we used Ondura panels for the main roofing and siding, and added two plastic greenhouse panels for natural lighting.

DSCF1508.jpg

A front view - still have to side the left side and the front and put in the feeders and roosts.

DSCF1516.jpg

We're supposed to go pick them up this weekend if it is nice.....

it looks good. th eonly thing that i would try to do something about is the srews that are sticking thrue the roof. one of the birds could fly up and hit its heas.

Chickensrme - I was planning on just hammering them over to the side so they aren't sticking straight down, but thanks for the reminder! One more thing on the 'to do' list
big_smile.png

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY....we are supposed to go down to my hubby's buddy's farm to pick up the pair of peafowl tomorrow!

Not that I'm DONE with the peafowl palace yet... But at least they will have a roof and three walls for a decent shelter!

I'll post pics if possible once we get home tomorrow.

The peafowl are HOME and snuggled into their peacock palace!

We had a great day today - felt like a mini-vacation to go visit this farm! The whole family went down. We got to tour their barns and see guineas, turkeys, Jersey giant chickens, and of course the peafowl!

Not to mention...the ducks & geese down at the pond, the mamma sheep and her two babies (Barbados) the goats, the cows and the llama...

What a fun day! Then we had a meal together and before we left we went out to collect the peafowl. We were so excited about them I forgot to ask exactly what their coloration is called...

We ended up bringing home one peacock and two hens. It was pitch dark when we got home, which was probably a good thing. We were able to take them straight out of their dark bags and onto the roosts. Now for the pics!! It was pitch dark when I took these pics - the flash was the only light...

All of them together:

DSCF1534.jpg

The cock:

DSCF1545.jpg

The hens:

DSCF1548.jpg

Hen #2

DSCF1542.jpg

Back
Top Bottom