peafowl worming schedule?

Quote:
Most people do as a
preventative measure

, especially if they can worm free-range birds. Worms are easy to pick up from the bugs they eat outdoors, and some worms can become quickly fatal (like blackhead).​

This is mainly for penned peafowl, Free range birds can get natural wormers from nature.

We also worm our free range fowl we just don't worry as much about them as our caged fowl. free range fowl we put 2cc safe guard for goats to 1 gallon of water, I know it sounds like a lot but it's better to have more then too little.

Ricky

Does anyone ever use Valbazen to deworm your peafowl? It seems to be one of the best dewormers for chickens since it also kills the tapeworms.

Quote:
Yes thats in the safe guard for goats.

Reason big different in worming schedule...different area of the country.

here 3 times a year, before laying season (feb) after laying season (aug) before winter (oct)

First i use ivomec , then 30 days later safe guard for goats 3cc per gal of water for 3 days then again in 14 days.

Fact no matter where you are peafowl need wormed......they will pick up worms from eating other bugs and earthworms.

beetles,earwigs,grasshoppers,earthworms,slugs,snails,termite,dragonflys,and mayflys all are host some type of parasitic worms.

Earthworms are host to capillary,tapeworms and gapeworms. most people know the danger these can cause.

If from freerange peafowl bet money if not wormed....they have one or all three of these...

Quote:
as in my other post...if you don't worm them.......they will have worms...they may look healthy, but peafowl will look healthy a few days before they die too....anyway unless wormed they are not as healthy as they could be.

Deerman ,
i raise mealworms for my birds but have not fed them to my peas that are penned yet, can home grown mealworms carry parasites like the other bugs and worms you have mentioned before?

I worm my caged peas every 3 months because they are in a ground pen not off the ground.
My free ranged peas get wormed 4 times a year when i worm my other types of birds.

Quote:
I hear from a vet that the meal worms are ok, plus if you raise them, i wouldn't see where they could pick up the worm eggs....again never hear anywhere that they are host.

Quote:
Yes thats in the safe guard for goats.

Reason big different in worming schedule...different area of the country.

here 3 times a year, before laying season (feb) after laying season (aug) before winter (oct)

First i use ivomec , then 30 days later safe guard for goats 3cc per gal of water for 3 days then again in 14 days.

Fact no matter where you are peafowl need wormed......they will pick up worms from eating other bugs and earthworms.

beetles,earwigs,grasshoppers,earthworms,slugs,snails,termite,dragonflys,and mayflys all are host some type of parasitic worms.

Earthworms are host to capillary,tapeworms and gapeworms. most people know the danger these can cause.

If from freerange peafowl bet money if not wormed....they have one or all three of these...

My understanding is Valbazen is different from SafeGuard. Safeguard is Fenbendozole and Valbazen is something else, in the same class however. Valbazen is suppose to kill the tapeworm but safeguard won't.

Does anyone know the dosage for Valbazen? I just got it in the mail so I plan on using that. It is now labeled for goats too. I would prefer putting it in their drinking water but will give t orally if need be.
Just got 9 new peafowl that I would like to do.

Thanks

I just lost peahen from whip worms. Vet tried
To save her but it was to late. I will be worming and before they show signs of sickness. He recommended ivomectin

Back
Top Bottom