Peahen acting weird

User1234

In the Brooder
May 13, 2023
Hey, I went out to give the peafowl some sunflower seeds, and usually the hen will come right up to eat them but today she was just pacing the fence. She would go in the coop run out get the odd sunflower seed then start pacing again. She just layed her first egg of the year yesterday and I took it so I could incubate it, if that would have anything to do with it. She did not lay one today but sometimes they lay once every two days. She seems to be looking for something, is she looking for a new place to nest now that I took that egg? And it’s not like they are crammed in a small pen, it’s not huge but the three of them have 800 square feet. Any ideas?

Update, there was an egg in the coop from her. She is no longer pacing and came to see if I had treats. So I think it had something to do with her laying an egg, I took this egg again to incubate but if she keeps acting up I’ll probably just let her start a clutch.

Thanks, that’s a good idea. I’ve done that before with golf balls but these eggs are a bit bigger so I may have to find something else to put in there.

Back
Top Bottom