Peahen in tree for 2 days

Wow! I found this post from the Guinea forum. I think that since Guinea fowl and your pea hen get stuck in trees, the BYCs algorithm linked the two. Do peahens get stuck in trees often? Guineas get stuck in trees after snow, snowblind and can’t find their way down, sometimes for days. They are so flock oriented though, they usually come down to find heir flock once a runway is cleared. Your pea’s situation seems a bit different… I sure hope she’s back safe and sound soon!!!:fl

Wow! I found this post from the Guinea forum. I think that since Guinea fowl and your pea hen get stuck in trees, the BYCs algorithm linked the two. Do peahens get stuck in trees often? Guineas get stuck in trees after snow, snowblind and can’t find their way down, sometimes for days. They are so flock oriented though, they usually come down to find heir flock once a runway is cleared. Your pea’s situation seems a bit different… I sure hope she’s back safe and sound soon!!!:fl
It could have to do with the snow although this has never happened in the ten years we have had free range peafowl. I hope she finds her way home soon, too. Thank-you!

I have two mature hens that chase off both young cocks and hens, They are worse about it during the breeding season. If I don't pen them during the season they would chase everyone off.
Wow! I've never had a hen chased off in the 10 years we have had them. In fact the hens have never been aggressive to anyone. Is that common?

Wow! I've never had a hen chased off in the 10 years we have had them. In fact the hens have never been aggressive to anyone. Is that common?
Some tame, but mostly imprinted birds have a much different attitude than birds with little to no interaction have. They are bossy and rude to most other birds especially if they are raising chicks. They do however have a tendency to raise chicks that are tame as well.
1644642748133.png

Any update? I'm hoping for good news.
On Friday it was 7 days. At 2:00 she was still in the tree, looking restless. At 3:00 she had disappeared. I don't know where she is now. Probably up in a tree somewhere if she is still alive. The ground is still snow covered. I still hold out some hope that she will find her way home when the snow melts. Thanks for asking.

Back
Top Bottom