Peahen or peacock?

Boy or girl?

• Total voters
Very low level spalding ... those brown color ... red buff ... they call it!

InkedIMG_2717_LI.jpg

Being spalding is interesting when it changes the shape of the body ... gives the bird a wild 'look' ... long neck, long legs.
This one will not even have feathers in the shape of scales in the neck!
This spalding level counts ... for NOTHING!

Here is a 75% Spaulding Black Shoulder Red Buff cock of five years of age. You can see the red tint to the black body feathers. I do not know if yours will carry this much RB but he could be similar if Dany is correct.
View attachment 1787903
And here is a prime example of a good Red Buff hen of two or three years of age.
View attachment 1787909

There's so much RED in her neck, I love it :love

That's the color it will be when adult!
Normal blue feather ... NO scales feathers !!

InkedIMG_2717_LI 1.jpg

Some BS spalding (50%) make very beautiful birds ... with turquoise necks!

BS spalding.jpg

Very interesting. I have never even heard of red buff before. If he had to have any level of Spaulding at all in him though, I am kind of glad of him being a low level. I like the all blue neck color look way better than a turquoise or green neck, or even the scales. Do you guys think his face will turn yellow like that 50% BS Spaulding in the last pic though? That would be so cool. Right now his face is purplish-grey and blue.

Attachments

• IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 10
How cool, he's wearing a harness! :D

They are a lot of fun to take on walks. It took about a month to train them and they walk on a leash better than my last dog used to lol. I tried a lot of harnesses on them that just didn't fit right, but finally found a medium size dog harness from Petsmart (I think the brand was Top Paw). They can even fly and do their peacock dance with the harness on without a problem. You guys should try taking your peas for a walk sometime! Mine really seem to enjoy it. My black shoulder runs over to me when he sees me holding his harness and stands very still for me to put it on him.

Attachments

• IMG_2780.JPG
    IMG_2780.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2787.JPG
    IMG_2787.JPG
    330.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom