Peahen or Peacock

I had a peahen. I named her Polly-Molly. She was grown by my turkey but since she was the only peachick, I loved her the most. I pet her, talked to her, she used to purch on my hand when I water my garden...My stupid mexican neighbours sneaked to my house and wanted to steal the turkey for thanksgiving but the turkey purched on the roof of the house and they got the peacock because she was more tamed. So they killed my bird. They asked me if she was edible. I said no so they threw it in the trash. I found her there. I hate those poor and stupid idiots.
I cursed them to lose their daughter the same way! It is one year now, I still feel anger and frustration.
ep.gif
Oh my this is terrible, what country do you live in?

I was confused by the red primary feathers and the barring still being present but maybe it's just too early to tell! She? Is quite a character though. She has an obsession with hoods on jackets. I will post a few more pics for identification and character haha

She can't fit quite as well anymore but as long as she can get her head and shoulders in she does the cooing sound and goes to sleep

That is adorable! It looks like a hen, but in one picture I see some feathers with barring... What color is your peachick?

It's a peach and she had a bunch of barring up till a few weeks ago and now they seem to be growing out. I'm unfamiliar with peach coloration but have been dying to know if it's a male or female!

Back
Top Bottom