Peahen spending the night with the chickens. Should I remove her?

So sorry for your loss. I've been following this thread. I was worried when she wouldn't roost, just didn't seem right.
sad.png

Quote:
I feel your pain, I've been there before, Im sure all of us have. I always have to remind myself that these are livestock and to never get too attached cuz as soon as I get attached to one, something happens to it.

I only have 3, and I have the wormer, I'm just so scared that something bad will happen. When somebody says to put ONE drop on their neck or under the wing, say the bird flaps around, your hand slips and you just ended up putting 3 drops on it. Oops, now you've tripled what they should have had. I know I'll worm them one day but they are way too healthy right now to mess with them like that. That's MY opinion, and I KNOW others have theirs. Another opinion of mine, I think worming is more important when you have many peacocks, as something is more likely to spread. With my 3 healthy ones, I just dont see the need. I do however have a keen eye for looking out for illness so I'm always watching them. If my male doesnt display within five minutes of me letting him out of the pen, I would be VERY worried know what I mean?

One way to make sure you dont over do the wormer, is only put 1cc in the syringe.

REMEMBER one thing chickens can be carriers of blackhead, no harm to the chicken,but deadly to peafowl and turkey.
Another good reason to worm them also.

thats why I dont mixes mine with chickens.

Have vet check for blackhead........

Thanks for the kind words and good info. I went around checking everyone else's rears last night, so far so good. Just her at this point.

Back
Top Bottom