Pealfowl Gizzard Contents - Pictures

No wonder it died poor thing , lead, nickle and brass ain't a good thing at all, i found blue green aquarium rocks in one of my peas gizzards.

No doubt that those items were doing no good and may have led to his demise if he had recovered from blackhead, but both died from blackhead, no doubt about that... Heck, both of their cecal pouches were necrotic and one actually had fecal material in his abdominal cavity. I was going to give them two replacement birds until I saw the crop contents, not sure I want to subject two more to that. FYI, the other pea had similar items in his crop, just haven't taken pictures of it yet.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Replacement birds
barnie.gif
NO NO they may meet the same fate and you will be replacing them also, they have been gone a long time, it is not anything you did so why replace them? unless ya just got some extras ya don't need.

I was going to wait a few months and give them older birds because they were so heart broken to lose them and I felt sorry for them. I was going to show them how to prevent and treat blackhead and would have done it on the condition that I could go by and check on them. Fear not, I will not be sending more birds to them... I've also learned that I should probably emphasize more on the signs of illness when selling my babies. I did tell them to call me for *any* reason and that I would be more than happy to help. Heck, I even offered to come by weekly to check on their progress, but instead they chose to seek the advice from the local feedstore and were sold Vetrx and that powdered vitamin/electrolyte stuff three days before they died!
he.gif

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom