Peanut, Butter and Jelly Time!

TheTeenyTinyFarm

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Elberon, Virginia
Out of 8 ebay eggs, 3 silkies hatched! They were born yesterday! Peanut, Butter and Jelly!

Peanut was born first, he/she is grey, has a domed head... but has something wrong with the left leg. It's not spraddle, think it may be achilles tendon out of place (or something like that)

My DH has tried to help it back into place but it shifts back when the new chick waddles around. It also seemed to have a little wet, bloody discharge around the swollen area when he tried to help it...almost like a cist or something...does anyone have any suggestions?

Butter is a buff colored silkie and is very healthy with no dome...it peepin and running around crazy like a chicken!

Jelly is black and is just a curious little booger and seems healthy...just very laid back.

I have pics but am out of town so as soon as I get home this weekend, I will post some!!!

I miss them!

Quote:
Thank you...I thought the names would fit for both hens and roos since I don't know what they are!

and...

I love PB and J!
yippiechickie.gif

I've been singing the song all day!

My daughter is against naming the chicks this...but I've become attached to the names and think it fits them...and fun!

she wants Brownie, Tweetie and Blacky...so how do I argue with a 6 year old?

idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom