Peanut Butter?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Chick15, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    For Easter Vacation we are going to Florida (we are leaving tomorrow [​IMG] can't wait!!) and I want to make some treats etc. for them to have to entertain them. I strung cheerios on string and hung them up, and i was thinking about drilling holes in a log and putting peanut butter in it, or maybe mixing it with birdseed or something. And then I was thinking, can they eat peanut butter? Do birds have allergies?? So does anyone feed their chickens peanut butter? Is it safe? And also, do you guys have any other ideas for treats that they have to think about, that will keep them entertained...

Like I said before, we are leaving tomorrow, so please help me soon!! I dont have much time!

2. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Help?!

3. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    you can look up the chicken treat chart in the search bar. It doesn't mention peanuts but one of the pics at the bottom shows someone feeding a whole peanut to a chicken. I'd think it be ok maybe someone else knows for sure though.

4. Erica

Erica Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2010
    Hi Chick15, peanut meal used to be a common feed ingredient. I wouldn't be too concerned, however modern peanut butter is very oily and may be quite salty, so don't go overboard. [​IMG]

cheers
    Erica

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by