Peas for Sale on Craigslist

Selling on craigslist is hit and miss and really varies from location to location and that could vary drastically even for neighboring areas... The family I got my eggs from this year sold them to me for $2 each, he said last year he ended up dumping half his eggs because no one was interested even after he switched his ad to free as the eggs started to pile up... Yet I have visited at a few livestock/fowl swaps that are about a two drive away and pea eggs were sold out in the first hour at $25-$40 each, while last years pea hatchlings were selling for $75 and one guy pretty much purchased every one at the show... Mature cocks were selling for $150 - $250... It's like two completely different worlds sometimes if you drive an hour or two...

I get about 150+ eggs per season, this year it has been a little less I think, due to the irregular laying, and 1 hen is laying clears, so my son has been enjoying jumbo dippy eggs. I would never dream of hatching that many so I've been selling eggs for quite a few years now. I do a combo of CL, a local classified, and ebay. I also start my ads as soon as the first egg is laid, that way you can begin a waiting list. Also mention in your ad that you may have chicks and older birds available later in the season, lots of good pics of your birds really help on CL. I sold mine for $10 per egg and if I had extras and thought it would be a good home I gave them the extras. I traded a fair amount too. I was very selective as far as which eggs I incubated. I am pretty pleased so far, I have 3 white chicks from hatch #1 that are not reserved and 2 from hatch #4 that are not reserved, hatch #2 already left, I am keeping all 4 bronze chicks and a spalding split bronze until I can sex them and see what I have. With my luck they'll be 5 males, LOL

Last edited:
Sorry, guess I should have said that they were in CA. Great price for anyone in the are that's looking and it make me think that the $25 I'm asking is too much, so guess I'm gonna lower my price and see if I can sell some of mine.

-Kathy
Kathy Is this your ad? I live in MA, would you ship? I am very interested.
I currently have 21 chickens, 3 Turkeys (getting 4 more next week) and a dog & Tortoise and would love to add some peachicks :)

Sorry, guess I should have said that they were in CA. Great price for anyone in the are that's looking and it make me think that the $25 I'm asking is too much, so guess I'm gonna lower my price and see if I can sell some of mine.

-Kathy

Kathy Is this your ad? I live in MA, would you ship? I am very interested. 
I currently have 21 chickens, 3 Turkeys (getting 4 more next week) and a dog & Tortoise and would love to add some peachicks :)

No, it's not my ad.

-Kathy

if I could get some pea eggs for two dollars each and pay shipping I would grab em im disabled and I hatch things as a hobby if any one has some let me know please thank you

if I could get some pea eggs for two dollars each and pay shipping I would grab em im disabled and I hatch things as a hobby if any one has some let me know please thank you

Mabe if you hang out here and learn about peas with us someone might help you out, most of us are winding up our season i know all my hens have either stopped laying or sitting on a nest, might have a yearling laying but them eggs are spoken for if they are fertile .
Remember there is always next year. a while back a member offered up a bunch of extra eggs and only wanted shipping and payment only for the eggs that hatch and you could not find a better deal than that.

Would you be able to afford the meds you need to keep on hand? do you have a brooder and then a pen when they hatch and then grow up? lots to learn about their care here and while you might have to wait till next year to get eggs you could be learning about them, heck you never know ,you might find some local.

I have been farming since I was 6 yrs old had dairy and 6,000 chickens for eggs and meat I have the old incubators and brooders and used to hav peacocks but had to quit the dairy and have 180 acres with no animals except a few chickens 4 turkey 2 ducks and 11 sebastopol geese they all have so much room to roam they only see each other at goodie time this week they are munching corn and watrmelon lol

Back
Top Bottom