Pecked in the eye by a chicken??

The scariest thing in the world: Seeing both of a chicken's eyes with it's beak perfectly center; UP CLOSE.
I've had chickens peck my eyes, teeth, nose, and even steal the food I'm putting in my mouth. They're quick!

Do they peck each other in the eye?
Yes, chicks will peck at each other's eyes too.

As they grow up, they mostly quit pecking at each other's eyes-- but they might still peck your eyes, because of course you aren't a chicken and your eyes look different (but still shiny and attractive!)

Chickens like shiny things, like water and bugs and worms, so they usually try to bite any shiny thing they see, unless they already know for sure it isn't good to eat (and they might try it again, just in case it tastes better this time.)

I am also pecked by my chicken. What worse is he is one of my favorites! He was just dancing to my toes then the next thing I know was he pecked my right eye. I could not open my eye for a day. It was swollen and sore. Gladly, the day after, I could finally open it but my vision is blurry. There is no blood nor scratch. Do I just have to wait for it to come back to normal? I am really worrying right now because I am having headaches (but now severe tho).

I am also pecked by my chicken. What worse is he is one of my favorites! He was just dancing to my toes then the next thing I know was he pecked my right eye. I could not open my eye for a day. It was swollen and sore. Gladly, the day after, I could finally open it but my vision is blurry. There is no blood nor scratch. Do I just have to wait for it to come back to normal? I am really worrying right now because I am having headaches (but now severe tho).
@Chezca Chicken you should go to the doctor and have it looked at.
A scratch to the eyeball might not be visible, but infection can be a real risk.

You should go and have it looked at. My uncle was shipped to the Boston Hospital because a chicken took a bite out of his eye. He's better now, though he now wears safety glasses when he goes to his flock. Though some eye pecks are little, some can be extremely serious and shouldn't be brushed to the side. I hope everything will be ok for you!

You should go and have it looked at. My uncle was shipped to the Boston Hospital because a chicken took a bite out of his eye. He's better now, though he now wears safety glasses when he goes to his flock. Though some eye pecks are little, some can be extremely serious and shouldn't be brushed to the side. I hope everything will be ok for you!
I will go to the doctor today. Thanks for your response!

Back
Top Bottom