Pecked In The Eyeball

mrdruids

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
my leghorn fiddle faddle was just on my lap getting her pettins and she came in real close and pecked my eyeball, needless to say, OUCH. i dont hold a grudge though i love her, has this ever happened to anyone else? does she think my eyes are treats? i wont be gettin my face too close again unless i have a meal worm in my teeth
smile.png

it happened to me once. wound up at the doctor the next day with my eye almost swollen shut. I had to have eye drops for about a week. I feel your pain...OUCH!

From a chicken's point of view, eyes are really neat. They blink and twitch and move about. Maybe they're tasty. It's like a little bug zipping to and fro. My bird brain tells me I have to peck it, so I did.

I got pecked once in the eye. One of my SLW wass sitting on my shoulder and saw that big shiny thing that moves around and wanted to know what it was! I didn't have any big injury -- just a red spot and a bit sore. I've been pecked on the lip as well.. Shiny white teeth... Just a bit off in the aim!

I think they think your (our) pupils are bugs. Last summer Jasper one of our turkeys pecked my sons eye. He screamed! For like an hour. I knew she must have scratched his cornea (I could see the tear), so I took him in to see the doctor. Thankfully the cornea is the fastest healing cells in our bodies. Even so the doctors were quite surprised that he was all healed the next day. Jasper was quit precocious like that. This year Alex keeps his eyes away, but now they peck his teeth and shiny hair, so watch out with those meal worms!

well shes pecked my lips before, it doesn't hurt much. i think its kinda cute actually
smile.png
i can see out of my eye and after about 10 min i was able to keep it open so i guess its all good. but yea i guess shiny gooey and moving about... whats a chicken to do
smile.png

I have one girl that has been "eyeing" my eye for a while now. I watched a bird handler and she told me that gently blowing in the birds face will curb bad eye plucking habits,
wink.png

I've been pecked a few times around the eye area. I now think it was not my eyes the birds were after, but my eyelashes. The last time i got bit i lost an eyelash. I also noticed the same birds trying to peck off the hair on my arms.

Back
Top Bottom